25th Dubbo Jazz Festival
Friday 7 – Sunday 9 August 2015
JAZZ, BLUES & ROOTS, SWING, GYPSY FUNK AND SOUL.
After the success of the 24th Dubbo Jazz Festival in 2014, and the election of a new team to steer the Dubbo Jazz Club, it is time to start programming for the 25th Festival Event – to be held from the Friday 7 to Sunday 9 of August 2015.
Continuing in the footsteps of our proud history, while including Trad Jazz, the Dubbo Jazz Festival will be expanding the Jazz genres to include mainstream jazz, big band, swing dance, gypsy, some blues and roots, swing, funk and soul. The festival will also be expanding its program ‘Jazz Around Town’ as part of the festival changes. In this program we will be utilising ‘pop up’ performances and small groups/acts to perform in cafes around town, as well as performances at venues like the wineries and the Dubbo Park Rotunda.
The festival is also exploring the possibility of offering a Masterclass program and Workshops in conjunction with local schools and the Macquarie Conservatorium of Music assisted by festival artists.
If you are an artist who is interested in performing as part of the 2015 event please read the below conditions and fill out the attached form. Applications must be delivered by post and emailed to email@example.com. Large files should not be sent but links to Dropbox etc are acceptable.
Please supply all the elements requested even if you have regularly attended the festival in the past. Due to the number of applications that we anticipate we will require all of the information requested below in order to consider your application. We don’t want to discourage young bands that are just starting from applying because they do not yet have a demo etc. so if there is something you can’t supply just let us know.
Conditions of Application
· This application does not guarantee you a position at the Dubbo Jazz Festival.
· Artists are either invited to the festival by the Dubbo Jazz Festival or chosen after considering application via this form / along with music sample etc.
· Individual artists can apply, but must indicate bands that they could be part of.
Venues and situation
· The festival takes place in a variety of venues throughout Dubbo and surrounds, over 3 nights and 3 days.
· Venues may be either indoors or outdoors.
· Artists will usually be required to play several sets each one time 1-2 hours (can be multiple sets).
Fees and additional expenses
· Given the location of Dubbo in northwest regional NSW where necessary accommodation and contribution to travel costs will be considered in addition and form part of any fee offered.
· A rider may be supplied for each band, which will include drinks (soft and limited alcoholic) and possibly some food in the form of vouchers. If you require anything other than this please make a note of this on the form and this will be taken into consideration when assessing bands for the festival.
· Artists are expected to provide their own instruments & equipment including guitar amps. The main venue at the RSL Club (Four Rooms) will have a limited backline [mainly drum kits] in place throughout the festival, however artists may need to be able to supply their own instruments should the venue not have their own [particularly in the jazz around town program].
· Bands that can supply touring gear including PA amps, mixer and microphones should indicate that on application.
· Artists may be required to have a current certificate of public liability insurance prior to performing in certain circumstances. Please indicate if you have this in place.
· Artists accept all responsibility for their Tax Obligations, Superannuation and Health & Safety requirements.
· All artists/bands must provide an ABN and state if they are registered for GST, or supply a Statement by a Supplier form (available at http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/nat3346.pdf Successful applicants will be required to send a single tax invoice when returning the signed contract.
· This festival is presented by Dubbo Jazz Club Inc (DJC). All contracts and agreements herein are with DJC and not any third party.
Should you be happy with the above conditions please fill out the attached form and return to us at the addresses below. Please note we will not be accepting electronic applications for this year’s event.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Greg Marginson, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bizzi Mason President in charge of Vice at 02 6884 7676.
Please note applications close at close of business on 15 May 2015 .
The Dubbo Jazz Festival is proudly supported by
Dubbo City Council and a number of businesses in Dubbo.